1. sail - noun
· a large piece of fabric (usually canvas fabric) by means of which wind is used to propel a sailing vessel
2. sail - noun
· an ocean trip taken for pleasure
3. sail - noun
· any structure that resembles a sail
4. sail - verb
· traverse or travel on (a body of water); "We sailed the Atlantic"; "He sailed the Pacific all alone"
5. sail - verb
· move with sweeping, effortless, gliding motions; "The diva swept into the room"; "Shreds of paper sailed through the air"; "The searchlights swept across the sky"
6. sail - verb
· travel on water propelled by wind; "I love sailing, especially on the open sea"; "the ship sails on"
7. sail - verb
· travel on water propelled by wind or by other means; "The QE2 will sail to Southampton tomorrow"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.