1. rough - noun
· the part of a golf course bordering the fairway where the grass is not cut short
2. rough - verb
· prepare in preliminary or sketchy form
3. rough - adjective
· having or caused by an irregular surface; "trees with rough bark"; "rough ground"; "rough skin"; "rough blankets"; "his unsmooth face"
4. rough - adjective
· (of persons or behavior) lacking refinement or finesse; "she was a diamond in the rough"; "rough manners"
5. rough - adjective
· not quite exact or correct; "the approximate time was 10 o'clock"; "a rough guess"; "a ballpark estimate"
6. rough - adjective
· full of hardship or trials; "the rocky road to success"; "they were having a rough time"
7. rough - adjective
· violently agitated and turbulent; "boisterous winds and waves"; "the fierce thunders roar me their music"- Ezra Pound; "rough weather"; "rough seas"
8. rough - adjective
· unpleasantly harsh or grating in sound; "a gravelly voice"
9. rough - adjective
· ready and able to resort to force or violence; "pugnacious spirits...lamented that there was so little prospect of an exhilarating disturbance"- Herman Melville; "they were rough and determined fighting men"
10. rough - adjective
· of the margin of a leaf shape; having the edge cut or fringed or scalloped
11. rough - adjective
· causing or characterized by jolts and irregular movements; "a rough ride"
12. rough - adjective
· not shaped by cutting or trimming; "an uncut diamond"; "rough gemstones"
13. rough - adjective
· not carefully or expertly made; "managed to make a crude splint"; "a crude cabin of logs with bark still on them"; "rough carpentry"
14. rough - adjective
· not perfected; "a rough draft"; "a few rough sketches"
15. rough - adjective
· unpleasantly stern; "wild and harsh country full of hot sand and cactus"; "the nomad life is rough and hazardous"
16. rough - adjective
· unkind or cruel or uncivil; "had harsh words"; "a harsh and unlovable old tyrant"; "a rough answer"
17. rough - adverb
· with roughness or violence (`rough' is an informal variant for `roughly'); "he was pushed roughly aside"; "they treated him rough"
18. rough - adverb
· with rough motion as over a rough surface; "ride rough"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.