1. roots - noun
· the condition of belonging to a particular place or group by virtue of social or ethnic or cultural lineage; "his roots in Texas go back a long way"; "he went back to Sweden to search for his roots"; "his music has African roots"
2. root - noun
· (botany) the usually underground organ that lacks buds or leaves or nodes; absorbs water and mineral salts; usually it anchors the plant to the ground
3. root - noun
· the place where something begins, where it springs into being; "the Italian beginning of the Renaissance"; "Jupiter was the origin of the radiation"; "Pittsburgh is the source of the Ohio River"; "communism's Russian root"
4. root - noun
· (linguistics) the form of a word after all affixes are removed; "thematic vowels are part of the stem"
5. root - noun
· a number that, when multiplied by itself some number of times, equals a given number
6. root - noun
· the set of values that give a true statement when substituted into an equation
7. root - noun
· someone from whom you are descended (but usually more remote than a grandparent)
8. root - noun
· a simple form inferred as the common basis from which related words in several languages can be derived by linguistic processes
9. root - noun
· the embedded part of a bodily structure such as a tooth, nail, or hair
10. root - verb
· take root and begin to grow; "this plant roots quickly"
11. root - verb
· come into existence, originate; "The problem roots in her depression"
12. root - verb
· cheer for; "She roots for the Broncos"
13. root - verb
· plant by the roots
14. root - verb
· dig with the snout; "the pig was rooting for truffles"
15. root - verb
· become settled or established and stable in one's residence or life style; "He finally settled down"
16. root - verb
· cause to take roots
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.