1. retract - verb
· formally reject or disavow a formerly held belief, usually under pressure; "He retracted his earlier statements about his religion"; "She abjured her beliefs"
2. retract - verb
· pull away from a source of disgust or fear
3. retract - verb
· use a surgical instrument to hold open (the edges of a wound or an organ)
4. retract - verb
· pull inward or towards a center; "The pilot drew in the landing gear"; "The cat retracted his claws"
5. retracted - adjective
· drawn back and in; "a cat with retracted claws"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.