1. restrain - verb
· to close within bounds, or otherwise limit or deprive of free movement; "This holds the local until the express passengers change trains"; "About a dozen animals were held inside the stockade"; "The illegal immigrants were held at a detention center"; "The terrorists held the journalists for ransom"
2. restrain - verb
· restrict (someone or something) so as to make free movement difficult
3. restrain - verb
· prevent (someone or something) from doing something; "security guards restrained the reporter from throwing another shoe"
4. restrain - verb
· prevent the action or expression of; "hold back your anger"; "keep your cool"; "she struggled to restrain her impatience at the delays"
5. restrained - adjective
· cool and formal in manner
6. restrained - adjective
· under restraint
7. restrained - adjective
· marked by avoidance of extravagance or extremes; "moderate in his demands"; "restrained in his response"
8. restrained - adjective
· not showy or obtrusive; "clothes in quiet good taste"
9. restrained - adjective
· prudent; "guarded optimism"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.