1. require - verb
· require as useful, just, or proper; "It takes nerve to do what she did"; "success usually requires hard work"; "This job asks a lot of patience and skill"; "This position demands a lot of personal sacrifice"; "This dinner calls for a spectacular dessert"; "This intervention does not postulate a patient's consent"
2. require - verb
· consider obligatory; request and expect; "We require our secretary to be on time"; "Aren't we asking too much of these children?"; "I expect my students to arrive in time for their lessons"
3. require - verb
· make someone do something
4. require - verb
· have need of; "This piano wants the attention of a competent tuner"
5. required - adjective
· necessary for relief or supply; "provided them with all things needful"
6. required - adjective
· required by rule; "in most schools physical education is compulsory"; "attendance is mandatory"; "required reading"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.