1. repress - verb
· put down by force or intimidation; "The government quashes any attempt of an uprising"; "China keeps down her dissidents very efficiently"; "The rich landowners subjugated the peasants working the land"
2. repress - verb
· impede or hinder the natural development or self-expression of
3. repress - verb
· suppress in order to conceal or hide; "smother a yawn"; "muffle one's anger"; "strangle a laugh"; "repress a cry of fear"
4. repress - verb
· put out of one's consciousness
5. repress - verb
· block the action of; "the process of repressing gene transcription";
6. repressing - adjective
· restrictive of action; "a repressive regime"; "an overly strict and inhibitory discipline"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.