1. release - noun
· merchandise issued for sale or public showing (especially a record or film); "a new release from the London Symphony Orchestra"
2. release - noun
· the act of liberating someone or something
3. release - noun
· a process that liberates or discharges something; "there was a sudden release of oxygen"; "the release of iodine from the thyroid gland"
4. release - noun
· an announcement distributed to members of the press in order to supplement or replace an oral presentation
5. release - noun
· the termination of someone's employment (leaving them free to depart)
6. release - noun
· euphemistic expressions for death; "thousands mourned his passing"
7. release - noun
· a legal document evidencing the discharge of a debt or obligation
8. release - noun
· a device that when pressed will release part of a mechanism
9. release - noun
· activity that frees or expresses creative energy or emotion; "she had no other outlet for her feelings"; "he gave vent to his anger"
10. release - noun
· the act of allowing a fluid to escape
11. release - noun
· a formal written statement of relinquishment
12. release - noun
· (music) the act or manner of terminating a musical phrase or tone
13. release - verb
· release, as from one's grip; "Let go of the door handle, please!"; "relinquish your grip on the rope--you won't fall"
14. release - verb
· grant freedom to; free from confinement
15. release - verb
· let (something) fall or spill from a container; "turn the flour onto a plate"
16. release - verb
· prepare and issue for public distribution or sale; "publish a magazine or newspaper"
17. release - verb
· eliminate (a substance); "combustion products are exhausted in the engine"; "the plant releases a gas"
18. release - verb
· generate and separate from cells or bodily fluids; "secrete digestive juices"; "release a hormone into the blood stream"
19. release - verb
· make (information) available for publication; "release the list with the names of the prisoners"
20. release - verb
· part with a possession or right; "I am relinquishing my bedroom to the long-term house guest"; "resign a claim to the throne"
21. release - verb
· release (gas or energy) as a result of a chemical reaction or physical decomposition
22. release - verb
· make (assets) available; "release the holdings in the dictator's bank account"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.