1. ray - noun
· a column of light (as from a beacon)
2. ray - noun
· a branch of an umbel or an umbelliform inflorescence
3. ray - noun
· (mathematics) a straight line extending from a point
4. ray - noun
· a group of nearly parallel lines of electromagnetic radiation
5. ray - noun
· the syllable naming the second (supertonic) note of any major scale in solmization
6. ray - noun
· any of the stiff bony spines in the fin of a fish
7. ray - noun
· cartilaginous fishes having horizontally flattened bodies and enlarged winglike pectoral fins with gills on the underside; most swim by moving the pectoral fins
8. ray - verb
· emit as rays; "That tower rays a laser beam for miles across the sky"
9. ray - verb
· extend or spread outward from a center or focus or inward towards a center; "spokes radiate from the hub of the wheel"; "This plants radiate spines in all directions"
10. ray - verb
· expose to radiation; "irradiate food"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.