1. raise - noun
· the amount a salary is increased; "he got a 3% raise"; "he got a wage hike"
2. raise - noun
· an upward slope or grade (as in a road); "the car couldn't make it up the rise"
3. raise - noun
· increasing the size of a bet (as in poker); "I'll see your raise and double it"
4. raise - noun
· the act of raising something; "he responded with a lift of his eyebrow"; "fireman learn several different raises for getting ladders up"
5. raise - verb
· raise the level or amount of something; "raise my salary"; "raise the price of bread"
6. raise - verb
· raise from a lower to a higher position; "Raise your hands"; "Lift a load"
7. raise - verb
· cause to be heard or known; express or utter; "raise a shout"; "raise a protest"; "raise a sad cry"
8. raise - verb
· collect funds for a specific purpose; "The President raised several million dollars for his college"
9. raise - verb
· cultivate by growing, often involving improvements by means of agricultural techniques; "The Bordeaux region produces great red wines"; "They produce good ham in Parma"; "We grow wheat here"; "We raise hogs here"
10. raise - verb
· look after a child until it is an adult; "raise a family"; "bring up children"
11. raise - verb
· summon into action or bring into existence, often as if by magic; "raise the specter of unemployment"; "he conjured wild birds in the air"; "call down the spirits from the mountain"
12. raise - verb
· move upwards; "lift one's eyes"
13. raise - verb
· construct, build, or erect; "Raise a barn"
14. raise - verb
· call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses); "arouse pity"; "raise a smile"; "evoke sympathy"
15. raise - verb
· create a disturbance, especially by making a great noise; "raise hell"; "raise the roof"; "raise Cain"
16. raise - verb
· raise in rank or condition; "The new law lifted many people from poverty"
17. raise - verb
· increase; "This will enhance your enjoyment"; "heighten the tension"
18. raise - verb
· give a promotion to or assign to a higher position; "John was kicked upstairs when a replacement was hired"; "Women tend not to advance in the major law firms"; "I got promoted after many years of hard work"
19. raise - verb
· cause to puff up with a leaven; "unleavened bread"
20. raise - verb
· bid (one's partner's suit) at a higher level
21. raise - verb
· bet more than the previous player
22. raise - verb
· cause to assemble or enlist in the military; "raise an army"; "recruit new soldiers"
23. raise - verb
· put forward for consideration or discussion; "raise the question of promotions"; "bring up an unpleasant topic"
24. raise - verb
· pronounce (vowels) by bringing the tongue closer to the roof of the mouth; "raise your `o'"
25. raise - verb
· activate or stir up; "raise a mutiny"
26. raise - verb
· establish radio communications with; "They managed to raise Hanoi last night"
27. raise - verb
· multiply (a number) by itself a specified number of times: 8 is 2 raised to the power 3
28. raise - verb
· bring (a surface or a design) into relief and cause to project; "raised edges"
29. raise - verb
· invigorate or heighten; "lift my spirits"; "lift his ego"
30. raise - verb
· put an end to; "lift a ban"; "raise a siege"
31. raise - verb
· cause to become alive again; "raise from the dead"; "Slavery is already dead, and cannot be resurrected"; "Upraising ghosts"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.