1. question - noun
· an instance of questioning; "there was a question about my training"; "we made inquiries of all those who were present"
2. question - noun
· the subject matter at issue; "the question of disease merits serious discussion"; "under the head of minor Roman poets"
3. question - noun
· a sentence of inquiry that asks for a reply; "he asked a direct question"; "he had trouble phrasing his interrogations"
4. question - noun
· uncertainty about the truth or factuality or existence of something; "the dubiousness of his claim"; "there is no question about the validity of the enterprise"
5. question - noun
· a formal proposal for action made to a deliberative assembly for discussion and vote; "he made a motion to adjourn"; "she called for the question"
6. question - noun
· an informal reference to a marriage proposal; "he was ready to pop the question"
7. question - verb
· challenge the accuracy, probity, or propriety of; "We must question your judgment in this matter"
8. question - verb
· pose a series of questions to; "The suspect was questioned by the police"; "We questioned the survivor about the details of the explosion"
9. question - verb
· pose a question
10. question - verb
· conduct an interview in television, newspaper, and radio reporting
11. question - verb
· place in doubt or express doubtful speculation; "I wonder whether this was the right thing to do"; "she wondered whether it would snow tonight"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.