1. quenching - noun
· the act of extinguishing; causing to stop burning; "the extinction of the lights"
2. quench - verb
· satisfy (thirst); "The cold water quenched his thirst"
3. quench - verb
· put out, as of fires, flames, or lights; "Too big to be extinguished at once, the forest fires at best could be contained"; "quench the flames"; "snuff out the candles"
4. quench - verb
· electronics: suppress (sparking) when the current is cut off in an inductive circuit, or suppress (an oscillation or discharge) in a component or device
5. quench - verb
· suppress or crush completely; "squelch any sign of dissent"; "quench a rebellion"
6. quench - verb
· reduce the degree of (luminescence or phosphorescence) in (excited molecules or a material) by adding a suitable substance
7. quench - verb
· cool (hot metal) by plunging into cold water or other liquid; "quench steel"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.