1. pump - noun
· a mechanical device that moves fluid or gas by pressure or suction
2. pump - noun
· the hollow muscular organ located behind the sternum and between the lungs; its rhythmic contractions move the blood through the body; "he stood still, his heart thumping wildly"
3. pump - noun
· a low-cut shoe without fastenings
4. pump - verb
· operate like a pump; move up and down, like a handle or a pedal; "pump the gas pedal"
5. pump - verb
· deliver forth; "pump bullets into the dummy"
6. pump - verb
· draw or pour with a pump
7. pump - verb
· supply in great quantities; "Pump money into a project"
8. pump - verb
· flow intermittently
9. pump - verb
· move up and down; "The athlete pumps weights in the gym"
10. pump - verb
· raise (gases or fluids) with a pump
11. pump - verb
· question persistently; "She pumped the witnesses for information"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.