1. provoke - verb
· call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses); "arouse pity"; "raise a smile"; "evoke sympathy"
2. provoke - verb
· evoke or provoke to appear or occur; "Her behavior provoked a quarrel between the couple"
3. provoke - verb
· provide the needed stimulus for
4. provoke - verb
· annoy continually or chronically; "He is known to harry his staff when he is overworked"; "This man harasses his female co-workers"
5. provoking - adjective
· causing or tending to cause anger or resentment; "a provoking delay at the airport"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.