1. proportion - noun
· the quotient obtained when the magnitude of a part is divided by the magnitude of the whole
2. proportion - noun
· magnitude or extent; "a building of vast proportions"
3. proportion - noun
· balance among the parts of something
4. proportion - noun
· the relation between things (or parts of things) with respect to their comparative quantity, magnitude, or degree; "an inordinate proportion of the book is given over to quotations"; "a dry martini has a large proportion of gin"
5. proportion - noun
· harmonious arrangement or relation of parts or elements within a whole (as in a design); "in all perfectly beautiful objects there is found the opposition of one part to another and a reciprocal balance"- John Ruskin
6. proportion - verb
· give pleasant proportions to; "harmonize a building with those surrounding it"
7. proportion - verb
· adjust in size relative to other things
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.