1. preempt - noun
· a high bid that is intended to prevent the opposing players from bidding
2. preempt - verb
· acquire for oneself before others can do so
3. preempt - verb
· take the place of or have precedence over; "live broadcast of the presidential debate preempts the regular news hour"; "discussion of the emergency situation will preempt the lecture by the professor"
4. preempt - verb
· gain possession of by prior right or opportunity, especially so as to obtain the right to buy (land)
5. preempt - verb
· make a preemptive bid in the game of bridge
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.