1. pose - verb
· introduce; "This poses an interesting question"
2. pose - verb
· assume a posture as for artistic purposes; "We don't know the woman who posed for Leonardo so often"
3. pose - verb
· pretend to be someone you are not; sometimes with fraudulent intentions; "She posed as the Czar's daughter"
4. pose - verb
· behave affectedly or unnaturally in order to impress others; "Don't pay any attention to him--he is always posing to impress his peers!"; "She postured and made a total fool of herself"
5. pose - verb
· put into a certain place or abstract location; "Put your things here"; "Set the tray down"; "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"; "Place emphasis on a certain point"
6. pose - verb
· be a mystery or bewildering to; "This beats me!"; "Got me--I don't know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
7. posed - adjective
· arranged for pictorial purposes
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.