1. pole - noun
· a long (usually round) rod of wood or metal or plastic
2. pole - noun
· a native or inhabitant of Poland
3. pole - noun
· one of two divergent or mutually exclusive opinions; "they are at opposite poles"; "they are poles apart"
4. pole - noun
· a linear measure of 16.5 feet
5. pole - noun
· a square rod of land
6. pole - noun
· one of two points of intersection of the Earth's axis and the celestial sphere
7. pole - noun
· one of two antipodal points where the Earth's axis of rotation intersects the Earth's surface
8. pole - noun
· a contact on an electrical device (such as a battery) at which electric current enters or leaves
9. pole - noun
· a long fiberglass sports implement used for pole vaulting
10. pole - noun
· one of the two ends of a magnet where the magnetism seems to be concentrated
11. pole - verb
· propel with a pole; "pole barges on the river"; "We went punting in Cambridge"
12. pole - verb
· support on poles; "pole climbing plants like beans"
13. pole - verb
· deoxidize molten metals by stirring them with a wooden pole
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.