1. plug - noun
· blockage consisting of an object designed to fill a hole tightly
2. plug - noun
· a wad of something chewable as tobacco
3. plug - noun
· blatant or sensational promotion
4. plug - noun
· electrical device that fits into the cylinder head of an internal-combustion engine and ignites the gas by means of an electric spark
5. plug - noun
· an electrical device with two or three pins that is inserted in a socket to make an electrical connection
6. plug - noun
· an upright hydrant for drawing water to use in fighting a fire
7. plug - noun
· an old or over-worked horse
8. plug - verb
· fill or close tightly with or as if with a plug; "plug the hole"; "stop up the leak"
9. plug - verb
· persist in working hard; "Students must plug away at this problem"
10. plug - verb
· deliver a quick blow to; "he punched me in the stomach"
11. plug - verb
· make a plug for; praise the qualities or in order to sell or promote
12. plug - verb
· replace the center of a coin with a baser metal; "plug a nickle"
13. plug - verb
· insert a plug into; "plug the wall"
14. plug - verb
· insert as a plug; "She plugged a cork in the wine bottle"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.