1. play - verb
· participate in games or sport; "We played hockey all afternoon"; "play cards"; "Pele played for the Brazilian teams in many important matches"
2. play - verb
· act or have an effect in a specified way or with a specific effect or outcome; "This factor played only a minor part in his decision"; "This development played into her hands"; "I played no role in your dismissal"
3. play - verb
· play on an instrument; "The band played all night long"
4. play - verb
· play a role or part; "Gielgud played Hamlet"; "She wants to act Lady Macbeth, but she is too young for the role"; "She played the servant to her husband's master"
5. play - verb
· be at play; be engaged in playful activity; amuse oneself in a way characteristic of children; "The kids were playing outside all day"; "I used to play with trucks as a little girl"
6. play - verb
· replay (as a melody); "Play it again, Sam"; "She played the third movement very beautifully"
7. play - verb
· perform music on (a musical instrument); "He plays the flute"; "Can you play on this old recorder?"
8. play - verb
· pretend to have certain qualities or state of mind; "He acted the idiot"; "She plays deaf when the news are bad"
9. play - verb
· move or seem to move quickly, lightly, or irregularly; "The spotlights played on the politicians"
10. play - verb
· bet or wager (money); "He played $20 on the new horse"; "She plays the races"
11. play - verb
· engage in recreational activities rather than work; occupy oneself in a diversion; "On weekends I play"; "The students all recreate alike"
12. play - verb
· pretend to be somebody in the framework of a game or playful activity; "Let's play like I am mommy"; "Play cowboy and Indians"
13. play - verb
· emit recorded sound; "The tape was playing for hours"; "the stereo was playing Beethoven when I entered"
14. play - verb
· perform on a certain location; "The prodigy played Carnegie Hall at the age of 16"; "She has been playing on Broadway for years"
15. play - verb
· put (a card or piece) into play during a game, or act strategically as if in a card game; "He is playing his cards close to his chest"; "The Democrats still have some cards to play before they will concede the electoral victory"
16. play - verb
· engage in an activity as if it were a game rather than take it seriously; "They played games on their opponents"; "play the stock market"; "play with her feelings"; "toy with an idea"
17. play - verb
· behave in a certain way; "play safe"; "play it safe"; "play fair"
18. play - verb
· cause to emit recorded audio or video; "They ran the tapes over and over again"; "I'll play you my favorite record"; "He never tires of playing that video"
19. play - verb
· manipulate manually or in one's mind or imagination; "She played nervously with her wedding ring"; "Don't fiddle with the screws"; "He played with the idea of running for the Senate"
20. play - verb
· use to one's advantage; "She plays on her clients' emotions"
21. play - verb
· consider not very seriously; "He is trifling with her"; "She plays with the thought of moving to Tasmania"
22. play - verb
· be received or accepted or interpreted in a specific way; "This speech didn't play well with the American public"; "His remarks played to the suspicions of the committee"
23. play - verb
· behave carelessly or indifferently; "Play about with a young girl's affection"
24. play - verb
· cause to move or operate freely within a bounded space; "The engine has a wheel that is playing in a rack"
25. play - verb
· perform on a stage or theater; "She acts in this play"; "He acted in `Julius Caesar'"; "I played in `A Christmas Carol'"
26. play - verb
· be performed or presented for public viewing; "What's playing in the local movie theater?"; "`Cats' has been playing on Broadway for many years"
27. play - verb
· cause to happen or to occur as a consequence; "I cannot work a miracle"; "wreak havoc"; "bring comments"; "play a joke"; "The rain brought relief to the drought-stricken area"
28. play - verb
· discharge or direct or be discharged or directed as if in a continuous stream; "play water from a hose"; "The fountains played all day"
29. play - verb
· make bets; "Play the races"; "play the casinos in Trouville"
30. play - verb
· stake on the outcome of an issue; "I bet $100 on that new horse"; "She played all her money on the dark horse"
31. play - verb
· shoot or hit in a particular manner; "She played a good backhand last night"
32. play - verb
· use or move; "I had to play my queen"
33. play - verb
· employ in a game or in a specific position; "They played him on first base"
34. play - verb
· contend against an opponent in a sport, game, or battle; "Princeton plays Yale this weekend"; "Charlie likes to play Mary"
35. play - verb
· exhaust by allowing to pull on the line; "play a hooked fish"
36. played - adjective
· (of games) engaged in; "the loosely played game"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.