1. place - verb
· put into a certain place or abstract location; "Put your things here"; "Set the tray down"; "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"; "Place emphasis on a certain point"
2. place - verb
· place somebody in a particular situation or location; "he was placed on probation"
3. place - verb
· assign a rank or rating to; "how would you rank these students?"; "The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide"
4. place - verb
· assign a location to; "The company located some of their agents in Los Angeles"
5. place - verb
· to arrange for; "place a phone call"; "place a bet"
6. place - verb
· take a place in a competition; often followed by an ordinal; "Jerry came in third in the Marathon"
7. place - verb
· intend (something) to move towards a certain goal; "He aimed his fists towards his opponent's face"; "criticism directed at her superior"; "direct your anger towards others, not towards yourself"
8. place - verb
· recognize as being; establish the identity of someone or something; "She identified the man on the `wanted' poster"
9. place - verb
· assign to (a job or a home)
10. place - verb
· locate; "The film is set in Africa"
11. place - verb
· estimate; "We put the time of arrival at 8 P.M."
12. place - verb
· identify the location or place of; "We localized the source of the infection"
13. place - verb
· make an investment; "Put money into bonds"
14. place - verb
· assign to a station
15. place - verb
· finish second or better in a horse or dog race; "he bet $2 on number six to place"
16. place - verb
· sing a note with the correct pitch
17. placed - adjective
· situated in a particular spot or position; "valuable centrally located urban land"; "strategically placed artillery"; "a house set on a hilltop"; "nicely situated on a quiet riverbank"
18. placed - adjective
· put in position in relation to other things; "end tables placed conveniently"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.