1. pit - noun
· a sizeable hole (usually in the ground); "they dug a pit to bury the body"
2. pit - noun
· a concavity in a surface (especially an anatomical depression)
3. pit - noun
· the hard inner (usually woody) layer of the pericarp of some fruits (as peaches or plums or cherries or olives) that contains the seed; "you should remove the stones from prunes before cooking"
4. pit - noun
· (Christianity) the abode of Satan and the forces of evil; where sinners suffer eternal punishment; "Hurl'd headlong...To bottomless perdition, there to dwell"- John Milton; "a demon from the depths of the pit"; "Hell is paved with good intentions"-Dr. Johnson
5. pit - noun
· an enclosure in which animals are made to fight
6. pit - noun
· (commodity exchange) the part of the floor of a commodity exchange where trading in a particular commodity is carried on
7. pit - noun
· (auto racing) an area at the side of a racetrack where the race cars are serviced and refueled
8. pit - noun
· a trap in the form of a concealed hole
9. pit - noun
· a surface excavation for extracting stone or slate; "a British term for `quarry' is `stone pit'"
10. pit - noun
· lowered area in front of a stage where an orchestra accompanies the performers
11. pit - noun
· a workplace consisting of a coal mine plus all the buildings and equipment connected with it
12. pit - verb
· set into opposition or rivalry; "let them match their best athletes against ours"; "pit a chess player against the Russian champion"; "He plays his two children off against each other"
13. pit - verb
· mark with a scar; "The skin disease scarred his face permanently"
14. pit - verb
· remove the pits from; "pit plums and cherries"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from it's extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.