1. period - noun
· an amount of time; "a time period of 30 years"; "hastened the period of time of his recovery"; "Picasso's blue period"
2. period - noun
· the interval taken to complete one cycle of a regularly repeating phenomenon
3. period - noun
· (ice hockey) one of three divisions into which play is divided in hockey games
4. period - noun
· a unit of geological time during which a system of rocks formed; "ganoid fishes swarmed during the earlier geological periods"
5. period - noun
· the end or completion of something; "death put a period to his endeavors"; "a change soon put a period to my tranquility"
6. period - noun
· the monthly discharge of blood from the uterus of nonpregnant women from puberty to menopause; "the women were sickly and subject to excessive menstruation"; "a woman does not take the gout unless her menses be stopped"--Hippocrates; "the semen begins to appear in males and to be emitted at the same time of life that the catamenia begin to flow in females"--Aristotle
7. period - noun
· a punctuation mark (.) placed at the end of a declarative sentence to indicate a full stop or after abbreviations; "in England they call a period a stop"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.