1. pale - noun
· a wooden strip forming part of a fence
2. pale - verb
· turn pale, as if in fear
3. pale - adjective
· very light colored; highly diluted with white; "pale seagreen"; "pale blue eyes"
4. pale - adjective
· (of light) lacking in intensity or brightness; dim or feeble; "the pale light of a half moon"; "a pale sun"; "the late afternoon light coming through the el tracks fell in pale oblongs on the street"; "a pallid sky"; "the pale (or wan) stars"; "the wan light of dawn"
5. pale - adjective
· lacking in vitality or interest or effectiveness; "a pale rendition of the aria"; "pale prose with the faint sweetness of lavender"; "a pallid performance"
6. pale - adjective
· abnormally deficient in color as suggesting physical or emotional distress; "the pallid face of the invalid"; "her wan face suddenly flushed"
7. pale - adjective
· not full or rich; "high, pale, pure and lovely song"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.