1. original - noun
· an original creation (i.e., an audio recording) from which copies can be made
2. original - noun
· something that serves as a model or a basis for making copies; "this painting is a copy of the original"
3. original - adjective
· preceding all others in time or being as first made or performed; "the original inhabitants of the Americas"; "the book still has its original binding"; "restored the house to its original condition"; "the original performance of the opera"; "the original cast"; "retracted his original statement"
4. original - adjective
· (of e.g. information) not secondhand or by way of something intermediary; "his work is based on only original, not secondary, sources"
5. original - adjective
· being or productive of something fresh and unusual; or being as first made or thought of; "a truly original approach"; "with original music"; "an original mind"
6. original - adjective
· not derived or copied or translated from something else; "the play is original; not an adaptation"; "he kept the original copy and gave her only a xerox"; "the translation misses much of the subtlety of the original French"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.