1. operative - noun
· a person secretly employed in espionage for a government
2. operative - noun
· someone who can be employed as a detective to collect information
3. operative - adjective
· being in force or having or exerting force; "operative regulations"; "the major tendencies operative in the American political system"
4. operative - adjective
· relating to or requiring or amenable to treatment by surgery especially as opposed to medicine; "a surgical appendix"; "a surgical procedure"; "operative dentistry"
5. operative - adjective
· effective; producing a desired effect; "the operative word"
6. operative - adjective
· (of e.g. a machine) performing or capable of performing; "in running (or working) order"; "a functional set of brakes"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.