1. operate - verb
· direct or control; projects, businesses, etc.; "She is running a relief operation in the Sudan"
2. operate - verb
· perform as expected when applied; "The washing machine won't go unless it's plugged in"; "Does this old car still run well?"; "This old radio doesn't work anymore"
3. operate - verb
· handle and cause to function; "do not operate machinery after imbibing alcohol"; "control the lever"
4. operate - verb
· perform a movement in military or naval tactics in order to secure an advantage in attack or defense
5. operate - verb
· keep engaged; "engaged the gears"
6. operate - verb
· perform surgery on; "The doctors operated on the patient but failed to save his life"
7. operating - adjective
· involved in a kind of operation; "the operating conditions of the oxidation pond"
8. operating - adjective
· being in effect or operation; "de facto apartheid is still operational even in the `new' African nations"- Leslie Marmon Silko; "bus service is in operation during the emergency"; "the company had several operating divisions"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.