1. note - noun
· a brief written record; "he made a note of the appointment"
2. note - noun
· a short personal letter; "drop me a line when you get there"
3. note - noun
· a notation representing the pitch and duration of a musical sound; "the singer held the note too long"
4. note - noun
· a tone of voice that shows what the speaker is feeling; "there was a note of uncertainty in his voice"
5. note - noun
· a characteristic emotional quality; "it ended on a sour note"; "there was a note of gaiety in her manner"; "he detected a note of sarcasm"
6. note - noun
· a piece of paper money (especially one issued by a central bank); "he peeled off five one-thousand-zloty notes"
7. note - noun
· a comment or instruction (usually added); "his notes were appended at the end of the article"; "he added a short notation to the address on the envelope"
8. note - noun
· high status importance owing to marked superiority; "a scholar of great eminence"
9. note - noun
· a promise to pay a specified amount on demand or at a certain time; "I had to co-sign his note at the bank"
10. note - verb
· make mention of; "She observed that his presentation took up too much time"; "They noted that it was a fine day to go sailing"
11. note - verb
· notice or perceive; "She noted that someone was following her"; "mark my words"
12. note - verb
· observe with care or pay close attention to; "Take note of this chemical reaction"
13. note - verb
· make a written note of; "she noted everything the teacher said that morning"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.