1. near - adjective
· not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances; "near neighbors"; "in the near future"; "they are near equals"; "his nearest approach to success"; "a very near thing"; "a near hit by the bomb"; "she was near tears"; "she was close to tears"; "had a close call"
2. near - adjective
· being on the left side; "the near or nigh horse is the one on the left"; "the animal's left side is its near or nigh side"
3. near - adjective
· closely resembling the genuine article; "near beer"; "a dress of near satin"
4. near - adjective
· giving or spending with reluctance; "our cheeseparing administration"; "very close (or near) with his money"; "a penny-pinching miserly old man"
5. near - adjective
· with or in a close or intimate relationship; "a good friend"; "my sisters and brothers are near and dear"
6. near - adjective
· very close in resemblance; "sketched in an approximate likeness"; "a near likeness"
7. nearer - adverb
· (comparative of `near' or `close') within a shorter distance; "come closer, my dear!"; "they drew nearer"; "getting nearer to the true explanation"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.