1. names - noun
· verbal abuse; a crude substitute for argument; "sticks and stones may break my bones but names can never hurt me"
2. name - noun
· a language unit by which a person or thing is known; "his name really is George Washington"; "those are two names for the same thing"
3. name - noun
· a person's reputation; "he wanted to protect his good name"
4. name - noun
· family based on male descent; "he had no sons and there was no one to carry on his name"
5. name - noun
· a well-known or notable person; "they studied all the great names in the history of France"; "she is an important figure in modern music"
6. name - noun
· by the sanction or authority of; "halt in the name of the law"
7. name - noun
· a defamatory or abusive word or phrase
8. name - verb
· assign a specified (usually proper) proper name to; "They named their son David"; "The new school was named after the famous Civil Rights leader"
9. name - verb
· give the name or identifying characteristics of; refer to by name or some other identifying characteristic property; "Many senators were named in connection with the scandal"; "The almanac identifies the auspicious months"
10. name - verb
· charge with a function; charge to be; "She was named Head of the Committee"; "She was made president of the club"
11. name - verb
· create and charge with a task or function; "nominate a committee"
12. name - verb
· mention and identify by name; "name your accomplices!"
13. name - verb
· make reference to; "His name was mentioned in connection with the invention"
14. name - verb
· identify as in botany or biology, for example
15. name - verb
· give or make a list of; name individually; give the names of; "List the states west of the Mississippi"
16. name - verb
· determine or distinguish the nature of a problem or an illness through a diagnostic analysis
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.