1. names - noun
· verbal abuse; a crude substitute for argument; "sticks and stones may break my bones but names can never hurt me"
2. name - noun
· a language unit by which a person or thing is known; "his name really is George Washington"; "those are two names for the same thing"
3. name - noun
· a person's reputation; "he wanted to protect his good name"
4. name - noun
· family based on male descent; "he had no sons and there was no one to carry on his name"
5. name - noun
· a well-known or notable person; "they studied all the great names in the history of France"; "she is an important figure in modern music"
6. name - noun
· by the sanction or authority of; "halt in the name of the law"
7. name - noun
· a defamatory or abusive word or phrase
8. name - verb
· assign a specified (usually proper) proper name to; "They named their son David"; "The new school was named after the famous Civil Rights leader"
9. name - verb
· give the name or identifying characteristics of; refer to by name or some other identifying characteristic property; "Many senators were named in connection with the scandal"; "The almanac identifies the auspicious months"
10. name - verb
· charge with a function; charge to be; "She was named Head of the Committee"; "She was made president of the club"
11. name - verb
· create and charge with a task or function; "nominate a committee"
12. name - verb
· mention and identify by name; "name your accomplices!"
13. name - verb
· make reference to; "His name was mentioned in connection with the invention"
14. name - verb
· identify as in botany or biology, for example
15. name - verb
· give or make a list of; name individually; give the names of; "List the states west of the Mississippi"
16. name - verb
· determine or distinguish the nature of a problem or an illness through a diagnostic analysis
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.