1. motive - noun
· the psychological feature that arouses an organism to action toward a desired goal; the reason for the action; that which gives purpose and direction to behavior; "we did not understand his motivation"; "he acted with the best of motives"
2. motive - noun
· a theme that is repeated or elaborated in a piece of music
3. motive - noun
· a design or figure that consists of recurring shapes or colors, as in architecture or decoration
4. motive - adjective
· causing or able to cause motion; "a motive force"; "motive power"; "motor energy"
5. motive - adjective
· impelling to action; "it may well be that ethical language has primarily a motivative function"- Arthur Pap; "motive pleas"; "motivating arguments"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.