1. moderate - noun
· a person who takes a position in the political center
2. moderate - verb
· preside over; "John moderated the discussion"
3. moderate - verb
· make less fast or intense; "moderate your speed"
4. moderate - verb
· lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits; "moderate your alcohol intake"; "hold your tongue"; "hold your temper"; "control your anger"
5. moderate - verb
· make less severe or harsh; "He moderated his tone when the students burst out in tears"
6. moderate - verb
· make less strong or intense; soften; "Tone down that aggressive letter"; "The author finally tamed some of his potentially offensive statements"
7. moderate - verb
· make more temperate, acceptable, or suitable by adding something else; "she tempered her criticism"
8. moderate - adjective
· being within reasonable or average limits; not excessive or extreme; "moderate prices"; "a moderate income"; "a moderate fine"; "moderate demands"; "a moderate estimate"; "a moderate eater"; "moderate success"; "a kitchen of moderate size"; "the X-ray showed moderate enlargement of the heart"
9. moderate - adjective
· not extreme; "a moderate penalty"; "temperate in his response to criticism"
10. moderate - adjective
· marked by avoidance of extravagance or extremes; "moderate in his demands"; "restrained in his response"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.