1. match - noun
· lighter consisting of a thin piece of wood or cardboard tipped with combustible chemical; ignites with friction; "he always carries matches to light his pipe"; "as long you've a lucifer to light your fag"
2. match - noun
· a formal contest in which two or more persons or teams compete
3. match - noun
· a burning piece of wood or cardboard; "if you drop a match in there the whole place will explode"
4. match - noun
· an exact duplicate; "when a match is found an entry is made in the notebook"
5. match - noun
· the score needed to win a match
6. match - noun
· a person regarded as a good matrimonial prospect
7. match - noun
· a person who is of equal standing with another in a group
8. match - noun
· a pair of people who live together; "a married couple from Chicago"
9. match - noun
· something that resembles or harmonizes with; "that tie makes a good match with your jacket"
10. match - verb
· be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics; "The two stories don't agree in many details"; "The handwriting checks with the signature on the check"; "The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun"
11. match - verb
· provide funds complementary to; "The company matched the employees' contributions"
12. match - verb
· bring two objects, ideas, or people together; "This fact is coupled to the other one"; "Matchmaker, can you match my daughter with a nice young man?"; "The student was paired with a partner for collaboration on the project"
13. match - verb
· be equal to in quality or ability; "Nothing can rival cotton for durability"; "Your performance doesn't even touch that of your colleagues"; "Her persistence and ambition only matches that of her parents"
14. match - verb
· make correspond or harmonize; "Match my sweater"
15. match - verb
· give or join in marriage
16. match - verb
· set into opposition or rivalry; "let them match their best athletes against ours"; "pit a chess player against the Russian champion"; "He plays his two children off against each other"
17. match - verb
· be equal or harmonize; "The two pieces match"
18. match - verb
· make equal, uniform, corresponding, or matching; "let's equalize the duties among all employees in this office"; "The company matched the discount policy of its competitors"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.