1. major - noun
· a commissioned military officer in the United States Army or Air Force or Marines; below lieutenant colonel and above captain
2. major - noun
· British statesman who was prime minister from 1990 until 1997 (born in 1943)
3. major - noun
· a university student who is studying a particular field as the principal subject; "she is a linguistics major"
4. major - noun
· the principal field of study of a student at a university; "her major is linguistics"
5. major - verb
· have as one's principal field of study; "She is majoring in linguistics"
6. major - adjective
· of greater importance or stature or rank; "a major artist"; "a major role"; "major highways"
7. major - adjective
· greater in scope or effect; "a major contribution"; "a major improvement"; "a major break with tradition"; "a major misunderstanding"
8. major - adjective
· greater in number or size or amount; "a major portion (a majority) of the population"; "Ursa Major"; "a major portion of the winnings"
9. major - adjective
· of the field of academic study in which one concentrates or specializes; "his major field was mathematics"
10. major - adjective
· (of a scale or mode) having half steps between the third and fourth degrees and the seventh and eighth degrees; "major scales"; "the key of D major"
11. major - adjective
· of greater seriousness or danger; "a major earthquake"; "a major hurricane"; "a major illness"
12. major - adjective
· of full legal age
13. major - adjective
· of the elder of two boys with the same family name; "Jones major"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.