1. main - noun
· any very large body of (salt) water
2. main - noun
· a principal pipe in a system that distributes water or gas or electricity or that collects sewage
3. main - adjective
· most important element; "the chief aim of living"; "the main doors were of solid glass"; "the principal rivers of America"; "the principal example"; "policemen were primary targets"; "the master bedroom"; "a master switch"
4. main - adjective
· (of a clause) capable of standing syntactically alone as a complete sentence; "the main (or independent) clause in a complex sentence has at least a subject and a verb"
5. main - adjective
· of force; of the greatest possible intensity; "by main strength"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.