1. late - adjective
· being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time; "late evening"; "late 18th century"; "a late movie"; "took a late flight"; "had a late breakfast"
2. late - adjective
· after the expected or usual time; delayed; "a belated birthday card"; "I'm late for the plane"; "the train is late"; "tardy children are sent to the principal"; "always tardy in making dental appointments"
3. late - adjective
· of the immediate past or just previous to the present time; "a late development"; "their late quarrel"; "his recent trip to Africa"; "in recent months"; "a recent issue of the journal"
4. late - adjective
· having died recently; "her late husband"
5. late - adjective
· of a later stage in the development of a language or literature; used especially of dead languages; "Late Greek"
6. late - adjective
· at or toward an end or late period or stage of development; "the late phase of feudalism"; "a later symptom of the disease"; "later medical science could have saved the child"
7. late - adjective
· (used especially of persons) of the immediate past; "the former president"; "our late President is still very active"; "the previous occupant of the White House"
8. late - adverb
· later than usual or than expected; "the train arrived late"; "we awoke late"; "the children came late to school"; "notice came so tardily that we almost missed the deadline"; "I belatedly wished her a happy birthday"
9. late - adverb
· to an advanced time; "deep into the night"; "talked late into the evening"
10. late - adverb
· at an advanced age or stage; "she married late"; "undertook the project late in her career"
11. late - adverb
· in the recent past; "he was in Paris recently"; "lately the rules have been enforced"; "as late as yesterday she was fine"; "feeling better of late"; "the spelling was first affected, but latterly the meaning also"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.