1. lap - noun
· the upper side of the thighs of a seated person; "he picked up the little girl and plopped her down in his lap"
2. lap - noun
· an area of control or responsibility; "the job fell right in my lap"
3. lap - noun
· the part of a piece of clothing that covers the thighs; "his lap was covered with food stains"
4. lap - noun
· a flap that lies over another part; "the lap of the shingles should be at least ten inches"
5. lap - noun
· movement once around a course; "he drove an extra lap just for insurance"
6. lap - noun
· touching with the tongue; "the dog's laps were warm and wet"
7. lap - verb
· lie partly over or alongside of something or of one another
8. lap - verb
· pass the tongue over; "the dog licked her hand"
9. lap - verb
· move with or cause to move with a whistling or hissing sound; "The bubbles swoshed around in the glass"; "The curtain swooshed open"
10. lap - verb
· take up with the tongue; "The cat lapped up the milk"; "the cub licked the milk from its mother's breast"
11. lap - verb
· wash or flow against; "the waves laved the shore"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.