1. language - noun
· a systematic means of communicating by the use of sounds or conventional symbols; "he taught foreign languages"; "the language introduced is standard throughout the text"; "the speed with which a program can be executed depends on the language in which it is written"
2. language - noun
· (language) communication by word of mouth; "his speech was garbled"; "he uttered harsh language"; "he recorded the spoken language of the streets"
3. language - noun
· the text of a popular song or musical-comedy number; "his compositions always started with the lyrics"; "he wrote both words and music"; "the song uses colloquial language"
4. language - noun
· the cognitive processes involved in producing and understanding linguistic communication; "he didn't have the language to express his feelings"
5. language - noun
· the mental faculty or power of vocal communication; "language sets homo sapiens apart from all other animals"
6. language - noun
· a system of words used to name things in a particular discipline; "legal terminology"; "biological nomenclature"; "the language of sociology"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.