1. knot - noun
· a tight cluster of people or things; "a small knot of women listened to his sermon"; "the bird had a knot of feathers forming a crest"
2. knot - noun
· any of various fastenings formed by looping and tying a rope (or cord) upon itself or to another rope or to another object
3. knot - noun
· a hard cross-grained round piece of wood in a board where a branch emerged; "the saw buckled when it hit a knot"
4. knot - noun
· (of ships and wind) a unit of speed equal to one nautical mile per hour or about 1.15 statute miles per hour
5. knot - noun
· something twisted and tight and swollen; "their muscles stood out in knots"; "the old man's fists were two great gnarls"; "his stomach was in knots"
6. knot - noun
· soft lump or unevenness in a yarn; either an imperfection or created by design
7. knot - noun
· a sandpiper that breeds in the Arctic and winters in the southern hemisphere
8. knot - verb
· make into knots; make knots out of; "She knotted her fingers"
9. knot - verb
· tie or fasten into a knot; "knot the shoelaces"
10. knot - verb
· tangle or complicate; "a ravelled story"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.