1. key - noun
· metal device shaped in such a way that when it is inserted into the appropriate lock the lock's mechanism can be rotated
2. key - noun
· something crucial for explaining; "the key to development is economic integration"
3. key - noun
· pitch of the voice; "he spoke in a low key"
4. key - noun
· any of 24 major or minor diatonic scales that provide the tonal framework for a piece of music
5. key - noun
· a kilogram of a narcotic drug; "they were carrying two keys of heroin"
6. key - noun
· a winged often one-seed indehiscent fruit as of the ash or elm or maple
7. key - noun
· United States lawyer and poet who wrote a poem after witnessing the British attack on Baltimore during the War of 1812; the poem was later set to music and entitled `The Star-Spangled Banner' (1779-1843)
8. key - noun
· a coral reef off the southern coast of Florida
9. key - noun
· (basketball) a space (including the foul line) in front of the basket at each end of a basketball court; usually painted a different color from the rest of the court; "he hit a jump shot from the top of the key"; "he dominates play in the paint"
10. key - noun
· a list of answers to a test; "some students had stolen the key to the final exam"
11. key - noun
· a list of words or phrases that explain symbols or abbreviations
12. key - noun
· a generic term for any device whose possession entitles the holder to a means of access; "a safe-deposit box usually requires two keys to open it"
13. key - noun
· mechanical device used to wind another device that is driven by a spring (as a clock)
14. key - noun
· the central building block at the top of an arch or vault
15. key - noun
· a lever (as in a keyboard) that actuates a mechanism when depressed
16. key - verb
· identify as in botany or biology, for example
17. key - verb
· provide with a key; "We were keyed after the locks were changed in the building"
18. key - verb
· vandalize a car by scratching the sides with a key; "His new Mercedes was keyed last night in the parking lot"
19. key - verb
· regulate the musical pitch of
20. key - verb
· harmonize with or adjust to; "key one's actions to the voters' prevailing attitude"
21. key - adjective
· serving as an essential component; "a cardinal rule"; "the central cause of the problem"; "an example that was fundamental to the argument"; "computers are fundamental to modern industrial structure"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.