1. keeping - noun
· conformity or harmony; "his behavior was not in keeping with the occasion"
2. keeping - noun
· the responsibility of a guardian or keeper; "he left his car in my keeping"
3. keeping - noun
· the act of retaining something
4. keep - verb
· cause to continue in a certain state, position, or activity; e.g., `keep clean'; "hold in place"; "She always held herself as a lady"; "The students keep me on my toes"
5. keep - verb
· continue a certain state, condition, or activity; "Keep on working!"; "We continued to work into the night"; "Keep smiling"; "We went on working until well past midnight"
6. keep - verb
· retain possession of; "Can I keep my old stuffed animals?"; "She kept her maiden name after she married"
7. keep - verb
· stop (someone or something) from doing something or being in a certain state; "We must prevent the cancer from spreading"; "His snoring kept me from falling asleep"; "Keep the child from eating the marbles"
8. keep - verb
· conform one's action or practice to; "keep appointments"; "she never keeps her promises"; "We kept to the original conditions of the contract"
9. keep - verb
· stick to correctly or closely; "The pianist kept time with the metronome"; "keep count"; "I cannot keep track of all my employees"
10. keep - verb
· look after; be the keeper of; have charge of; "He keeps the shop when I am gone"
11. keep - verb
· maintain by writing regular records; "keep a diary"; "maintain a record"; "keep notes"
12. keep - verb
· supply with room and board; "He is keeping three women in the guest cottage"; "keep boarders"
13. keep - verb
· allow to remain in a place or position or maintain a property or feature; "We cannot continue several servants any longer"; "She retains a lawyer"; "The family's fortune waned and they could not keep their household staff"; "Our grant has run out and we cannot keep you on"; "We kept the work going as long as we could"; "She retained her composure"; "this garment retains its shape even after many washings"
14. keep - verb
· supply with necessities and support; "She alone sustained her family"; "The money will sustain our good cause"; "There's little to earn and many to keep"
15. keep - verb
· fail to spoil or rot; "These potatoes keep for a long time"
16. keep - verb
· behave as expected during of holidays or rites; "Keep the commandments"; "celebrate Christmas"; "Observe Yom Kippur"
17. keep - verb
· maintain in safety from injury, harm, or danger; "May God keep you"
18. keep - verb
· raise; "She keeps a few chickens in the yard"; "he keeps bees"
19. keep - verb
· retain rights to; "keep my job for me while I give birth"; "keep my seat, please"; "keep open the possibility of a merger"
20. keep - verb
· store or keep customarily; "Where do you keep your gardening tools?"
21. keep - verb
· have as a supply; "I always keep batteries in the freezer"; "keep food for a week in the pantry"; "She keeps a sixpack and a week's worth of supplies in the refrigerator"
22. keep - verb
· maintain for use and service; "I keep a car in the countryside"; "She keeps an apartment in Paris for her shopping trips"
23. keep - verb
· hold and prevent from leaving; "The student was kept after school"
24. keep - verb
· prevent the action or expression of; "hold back your anger"; "keep your cool"; "she struggled to restrain her impatience at the delays"
25. keep - verb
· prevent (food) from rotting; "preserved meats"; "keep potatoes fresh"
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from it's extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.