1. introduce - verb
· cause to come to know personally; "permit me to acquaint you with my son"; "introduce the new neighbors to the community"
2. introduce - verb
· bring something new to an environment; "A new word processor was introduced"
3. introduce - verb
· place, fit, or thrust (something) into another thing; "Insert your ticket here"
4. introduce - verb
· bring in a new person or object into a familiar environment; "He brought in a new judge"; "The new secretary introduced a nasty rumor"
5. introduce - verb
· bring in or establish in a new place or environment; "introduce a rule"; "introduce exotic fruits"
6. introduce - verb
· put or introduce into something; "insert a picture into the text"
7. introduce - verb
· bring before the public for the first time, as of an actor, song, etc.
8. introduce - verb
· put before (a body); "introduce legislation"
9. introduce - verb
· furnish with a preface or introduction; "She always precedes her lectures with a joke"; "He prefaced his lecture with a critical remark about the institution"
10. introduce - verb
· be a precursor of; "The fall of the Berlin Wall ushered in the post-Cold War period"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.