1. intimate - noun
· someone to whom private matters are confided
2. intimate - verb
· give to understand; "I insinuated that I did not like his wife"
3. intimate - verb
· imply as a possibility; "The evidence suggests a need for more clarification"
4. intimate - adjective
· marked by close acquaintance, association, or familiarity; "intimate friend"; "intimate relations between economics, politics, and legal principles" - V.L. Parrington
5. intimate - adjective
· concerning things deeply private and personal; "intimate correspondence"; "private family matters"
6. intimate - adjective
· having or fostering a warm or friendly and informal atmosphere; "had a cozy chat"; "a relaxed informal manner"; "an intimate cocktail lounge"; "the small room was cozy and intimate"
7. intimate - adjective
· having mutual interests or affections; of established friendship; "on familiar terms"; "pretending she is on an intimate footing with those she slanders"
8. intimate - adjective
· used euphemistically to refer to the genitals; "he touched her intimate parts"
9. intimate - adjective
· involved in a sexual relationship; "the intimate (or sexual) relations between husband and wife"; "she had been intimate with many men"
10. intimate - adjective
· innermost or essential; "the inner logic of Cubism"; "the internal contradictions of the theory"; "the intimate structure of matter"
11. intimate - adjective
· thoroughly acquainted through study or experience; "this girl, so intimate with nature"-W.H.Hudson; "knowledgeable about the technique of painting"- Herbert Read
The only site you need for word puzzles, home work, anagrams and scrabble games. The best site for two word anagram solutions.
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.