1. induction - noun
· a formal entry into an organization or position or office; "his initiation into the club"; "he was ordered to report for induction into the army"; "he gave a speech as part of his installation into the hall of fame"
2. induction - noun
· an electrical phenomenon whereby an electromotive force (EMF) is generated in a closed circuit by a change in the flow of current
3. induction - noun
· reasoning from detailed facts to general principles
4. induction - noun
· stimulation that calls up (draws forth) a particular class of behaviors; "the elicitation of his testimony was not easy"
5. induction - noun
· the act of bringing about something (especially at an early time); "the induction of an anesthetic state"
6. induction - noun
· an act that sets in motion some course of events
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.