1. impress - noun
· the act of coercing someone into government service
2. impress - verb
· have an emotional or cognitive impact upon; "This child impressed me as unusually mature"; "This behavior struck me as odd"; "he was dumb-struck by the news"; "her comments struck a sour note"
3. impress - verb
· impress positively; "The young chess player impressed her audience"
4. impress - verb
· produce or try to produce a vivid impression of; "Mother tried to ingrain respect for our elders in us"
5. impress - verb
· mark or stamp with or as if with pressure; "To make a batik, you impress a design with wax"
6. impress - verb
· reproduce by printing
7. impress - verb
· take (someone) against his will for compulsory service, especially on board a ship; "The men were shanghaied after being drugged"
8. impress - verb
· dye (fabric) before it is spun
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.