1. ill - noun
· an often persistent bodily disorder or disease; a cause for complaining
2. ill - adjective
· affected by an impairment of normal physical or mental function; "ill from the monotony of his suffering"
3. ill - adjective
· resulting in suffering or adversity; "ill effects"; "it's an ill wind that blows no good"
4. ill - adjective
· distressing; "ill manners"; "of ill repute"
5. ill - adjective
· indicating hostility or enmity; "you certainly did me an ill turn"; "ill feelings"; "ill will"
6. ill - adjective
· presaging ill fortune; "ill omens"; "ill predictions"; "my words with inauspicious thunderings shook heaven"- P.B.Shelley; "a dead and ominous silence prevailed"; "a by-election at a time highly unpropitious for the Government"
7. ill - adverb
· (`ill' is often used as a combining form) in a poor or improper or unsatisfactory manner; not well; "he was ill prepared"; "it ill befits a man to betray old friends"; "the car runs badly"; "he performed badly on the exam"; "the team played poorly"; "ill-fitting clothes"; "an ill-conceived plan"
8. ill - adverb
· unfavorably or with disapproval; "tried not to speak ill of the dead"; "thought badly of him for his lack of concern"
9. ill - adverb
· with difficulty or inconvenience; scarcely or hardly; "we can ill afford to buy a new car just now"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.
Unscramble.net is the free tool to unscramble letters and words for games like Text Twist, Words with Friends, Scrabble, Word Scraper, and of course the ever popular Jumble newspaper puzzle. It is also great for homework problems that frustrate many parents and students. Unscramble.net provides one and two word unscramble solutions from its extensive 280,000 word list that includes technical, medical and slang words. There is no limit to the number of letters entered for one word unscrambles and the site also provides for rhyming words and dictionary definitions for many of the unscrambled words. Two word unscramble results are provided in two formats for easy comprehension by the user. There is no limit to the number of word combinations provided whether for one or two word unscramble solution sets.
The site is mobile friendly and fully https/tls security compliant. Fast and easy, unscramble.net provides the most accurate and complete word, letter and anagram solutions available. Trust the oldest and most reliable unscramble tool on the net. Word lists are constantly being updated from reliable sources. Android and iOS apps are coming soon.