1. identify - verb
· recognize as being; establish the identity of someone or something; "She identified the man on the `wanted' poster"
2. identify - verb
· give the name or identifying characteristics of; refer to by name or some other identifying characteristic property; "Many senators were named in connection with the scandal"; "The almanac identifies the auspicious months"
3. identify - verb
· consider (oneself) as similar to somebody else; "He identified with the refugees"
4. identify - verb
· conceive of as united or associated; "Sex activity is closely identified with the hypothalamus"
5. identify - verb
· identify as in botany or biology, for example
6. identify - verb
· consider to be equal or the same; "He identified his brother as one of the fugitives"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.