1. hush - verb
· become quiet or still; fall silent; "hush my baby!"
2. hush - verb
· cause to be quiet or not talk; "Please silence the children in the church!"
3. hush - verb
· become quiet or quieter; "The audience fell silent when the speaker entered"
4. hush - verb
· wash by removing particles; "Wash ores"
5. hush - verb
· run water over the ground to erode (soil), revealing the underlying strata and valuable minerals
6. hushed - adjective
· in a softened tone; "hushed voices"; "muted trumpets"; "a subdued whisper"; "a quiet reprimand"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.