1. howling - noun
· a long loud emotional utterance; "he gave a howl of pain"; "howls of laughter"; "their howling had no effect"
2. howl - verb
· emit long loud cries; "wail in self-pity"; "howl with sorrow"
3. howl - verb
· cry loudly, as of animals; "The coyotes were howling in the desert"
4. howl - verb
· make a loud noise, as of wind, water, or vehicles; "The wind was howling in the trees"; "The water roared down the chute"
5. howl - verb
· laugh unrestrainedly and heartily
6. howling - adjective
· extraordinarily good or great; used especially as intensifiers; "a fantastic trip to the Orient"; "the film was fantastic!"; "a howling success"; "a marvelous collection of rare books"; "had a rattling conversation about politics"; "a tremendous achievement"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.