1. hope - noun
· a specific instance of feeling hopeful; "it revived their hope of winning the pennant"
2. hope - noun
· the general feeling that some desire will be fulfilled; "in spite of his troubles he never gave up hope"
3. hope - noun
· grounds for feeling hopeful about the future; "there is little or no promise that he will recover"
4. hope - noun
· someone (or something) on which expectations are centered; "he was their best hope for a victory"
5. hope - noun
· United States comedian (born in England) who appeared in films with Bing Crosby (1903-2003)
6. hope - noun
· one of the three Christian virtues
7. hope - verb
· expect and wish; "I trust you will behave better from now on"; "I hope she understands that she cannot expect a raise"
8. hope - verb
· be optimistic; be full of hope; have hopes; "I am still hoping that all will turn out well"
9. hope - verb
· intend with some possibility of fulfilment; "I hope to have finished this work by tomorrow evening"
Enter the letters to get anagrams for the word
Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and related words
Enter the word below with '?' to indicate missing letters
Enter the word to find the rhymes
Enter the letters of the beginning, middle or end of the word.